May 25, 2022
- Support for A4 Page Dimensions
- You can now specify the page dimensions for PDF downloads: US Letter or A4.
- When uploading a cover image, we now provide suggested image dimensions based on the selected page dimensions.
- Page numbers for workbooks
- Under Settings > Workbook Settings, you can now choose if workbooks include page numbers in the bottom margin.
May 24, 2022
- You can now embed the entire workbook into one lesson or frame. Open the embed pop-up and you’ll see a new option for embedding the entire workbook.
- When embedded, students can see their entire workbook and move through modules using the new navigation options along the top of their screen:
- We’ve also updated the templates to give some inspiration on how to use the new section types: drop downs, fill in the blanks, radio buttons, multiple choice, and module download links.
May 17, 2022
- We’ve added two new features that will help you protect your IP in Wobo by discouraging or preventing sharing:
- Add custom watermarks: Under Settings > Workbook Settings, you can now add custom watermarks that will show in the bottom margin of downloaded workbooks. Enter custom text in the field, and choose whether or not to add the students name and email.
- Disable text copying: Under Settings > Workbook Settings, you can now choose to disable text copying in the digital version of the workbook. This will prevent students from copy + pasting your text content elsewhere. Note that once downloaded as a PDF, text content can still be copied. If you don’t want users to be able to download the workbook as a PDF, don’t add Download Link sections (or remove them from the last module if you’re using a template).
- Improvements to the mobile experience:
- Tables now scroll independently from the rest of the page on mobile to support tables mixed in with other workbook content.
May 11, 2022
- Accessibility Improvement: You can now add alt text to images in the workbook to provide descriptions for the visually impaired. Your description will be read aloud by screen readers when they encounter the image.
- You can now choose to input a module download link OR a download link for the entire workbook. The new module download link will start a download containing only the current module. This will help if you want to drip out lessons and don't want students to be able to have a sneak peek at what's coming up!
- You can now download your students' workbooks in PDF format. Navigate to View Students and click the download icon beside a student to begin the download.
- Three improvements for Thinkific users:
- You can now choose to "remember me" when logging in with Thinkific.
- The workbook is now wider when embedded in Thinkific. This means less grey space around the workbook and more space for responses.
- Students also no longer need to click the "access workbook" button to access Wobo. They'll just see the workbook right away.
- Note that these changes only apply going forward. Your existing embed URLs will still work of course, but you'll need to copy and paste the new embed URLs to get the wider view and to eliminate the button step.
May 6, 2022
- You can now add other members to your team in Wobo! Under Settings > Members, you can now add and remove members of your team. Choose a role for each member to determine if they can edit or simply view workbooks and students. Learn more here.
- Fill in the Blanks: You can now build interactive fill in the blank exercises in your workbooks. Add text and intersperse blanks to allow students to complete the phrase.
- It’s also easier to preview your workbooks as a student in Wobo: simply add your email to the student list, or preview with within Thinkific. You’ll be visible in the student list, but not charged as a monthly active user 😊