Updated January 3, 2023 to add definitions, list measures to ensure fair and transparent data processing, and add contact information for Course Studio’s privacy team.
Your privacy is critically important to us.
“Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and can include information about how you engage with our Services (e.g. name, email, or IP address).
“Services” means the products and services that Course Studio indicates are covered by this Policy, which may include Course Studio-provided websites and apps (including Wobo). “Sites” means wobo.app, workbook.woboapp.com, and the other websites that Course Studio indicates are covered by this Policy.
Depending on the context, “you” means End Customer, End User, Representative or Visitor:
- When you directly use an End User Service (such as when you sign up for Wobo) we refer to you as an “End User.”
- When you do business with, or otherwise transact with, a Business User (e.g. when you sign up for a course from a user that provides a Wobo workbook) but are not directly doing business with Course Studio, we refer to you as an “End Customer.”
- When you are acting on behalf of an existing or potential Business User (e.g. you are a founder of a company, or administering an account for a course creator who is a Business User), we refer to you as a “Representative.”
- When you visit a Site without being logged into a Wobo account or otherwise communicate with Course Studio, we refer to you as a “Visitor.”
Data Protection Officer (DPO): Georgia McGillivray DPO Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wobo is compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which governs businesses that collect personally-identifiable information from or on EU citizens.
Wobo is compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). The CCPA gives consumers control over the personal information that businesses collect about them.
Purpose for Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Course Studio’s websites choose to interact with Course Studio in ways that require Course Studio to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Course Studio gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
The following personally-identifying information is gathered from End Users:
The following personally-identifying information is gathered from End Customers:
The purpose for collection and processing of personal data is for authentication of each user to ensure their account is secure and only accessible by the individual who created the account.
A list of sub-processors in which personal data may be shared is listed below alongside the purpose for processing.
Amazon Web Services
Customer contact form and email communications
Those who engage in transactions with Course Studio – by purchasing Course Studio’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Course Studio collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Course Studio.
Measures to Ensure Fair and Transparent Processing
- Data Storage Period: Given that personally identifying information is processed for the purpose of authentication into Wobo, this information is stored as long as users require access to the product.
- Users have the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. At any time, you may request access to your data or request that it be deleted upon termination of your subscription within the limits of current legislation.
- Users have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Users have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Personal data is required for authentication into Wobo; failure to provide this data will result in the inability to access Wobo and data contained within your account.
To learn more about your rights under GDPR, visit this article.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Based on best practises, we put in place appropriate organisational and technical mesures to ensure the security of your personal data.
Links To External Sites
Course Studio may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. Course Studio may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Course Studio does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
Account data is backed up 4-times daily as a measure to prevent data loss.
You are able to download student responses to PDF and can optionally allow students to to do same using both module and workbook download links.
Wobo servers and database are located in a cloud-based architecture with Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS data centres are located in Montreal (Canada) in 3 different availability zones. Availability Zones consist of one or more discrete data centres, each with redundant power, networking and connectivity, housed in separate facilities.
Wobo has a near perfect uptime agreement of 99.99%, so you and your students always have access to your data. Please contact us at email@example.com to inquire about Enterprise Service Level Agreements.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
When a student accesses a workbook through a Thinkific course, a Wobo account is created on their behalf and all of their responses are stored such that only that student and their instructor can have future access.
A third-party login boosts security while making it easier for your students to access their work. Students must first authenticate in Thinkific before accessing their workbook. That way, when you collect sensitive data, you can ensure the person submitting the form is who they say they are.
Best Practices in Development & Testing
In addition to the security features of Wobo, we maintain best practices to maintain your account security during development.
We actively review our code for potential security concerns and perform both manual and automated testing regularly to protect your data and make sure your workflow is uninterrupted.
All features are tested on a separate staging server before deployment to the production environment to ensure smooth delivery. Our team works with agile methodology, and continuous deployment practices mean updates can be released rapidly if encountered.