- Teachable + Wobo
- What does the Wobo Teachable app do?
- How do I install the Wobo app from Teachable?
- How do I create workbooks in Wobo?
- What is sign in with Teachable?
- How to embed Wobo in your Teachable course
- FAQ + Troubleshooting
Teachable + Wobo
By installing the Wobo app from within your Teachable course, your students can use Wobo worksheets seamlessly right from within your Teachable curriculum, no additional Wobo login required.
What does the Wobo Teachable app do?
When you’ve installed the Wobo app in Teachable, your students will be able to interact with Wobo worksheets simply by logging into their Teachable student account.
- As a course creator, you won’t need to invite students to Wobo since they’ll automatically be signed up using their existing Teachable credentials.
- Your student won’t need to remember any additional logins, they’ll be able to see their Wobo appear seamlessly within their course.
- Your students can work through exercises without ever having to leave your Teachable course to minimize distractions and improve engagement and learning.
How do I install the Wobo app from Teachable?
- Login to your Teachable account and go to Settings > Apps > Click on the “Wobo” app.
- From the Wobo app listing page, click the “Install” button
- Click “Install” to continue. Wobo needs access to your School name and account email address in order to create your Wobo account.
- In the new browser tab that opens, click “Authorize” in order to proceed with connecting Wobo with your Teachable account.
- Continue to your Wobo account by clicking “Start free trial”. You’ll have access to all of Wobo’s features for 14-days. No credit card required.
- When you get to you Wobo dashboard you’ll know you’ve installed the Wobo app successfully and that your Wobo account is now connected with Teachable!🎉
You can now get started creating your first workbook by clicking the “+ New workbook” button. Get started using your quick start guide here.
How do I create workbooks in Wobo?
Get started creating your first workbook by clicking the “+ New workbook” button. Get started using your quick start guide here.
What is sign in with Teachable?
If you’ve already installed the Wobo app and want to login to Wobo directly, use the “Continue with Teachable” option.
- From the creator login page, click “Continue with Teachable”.
- In the next screen, enter the domain OR the subdomain of your Teachable school then click “Next”
If you have your own domain enter the URL in the top field.
If your course URL is in the format http://your-course-name.teachable.com, enter the part of the URL in the example below into the bottom field.
- If a school with the domain or subdomain entered exists, you’ll either be redirected to your Teachable school to confirm you are the admin for the School domain or subdomain you entered.
- After successful login you’ll be logged into your Wobo dashboard.
How to embed Wobo in your Teachable course
Once you’ve created your workbook in Wobo and are ready to add them to your course, follow these steps.
1. In your Teachable curriculum page, click “+ Add content” and from the Add content menu, under App, click “Wobo”
- From the “Add Wobo” modal, choose to add the entire workbook or specific module.
- To add an entire workbook, select the workbook you want to embed from the “Select a workbook” drop down menu. Leave the radio button on “Entire workbook”.
- To add a specific module from a workbook, from the “Select a workbook” drop down menu, first select the workbook then use the “Select module” radio button to select from the drop down menu the module you want to embed.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click “Save” and you’ll see your selections saved in your lesson.
- You can preview your course to see what your students will see when they view your course.
FAQ + Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble installing the Wobo app in Teachable, check to make sure that:
- You’re logged into your Teachable account as the admin and have an active Teachable subscription.
- If you already have an existing Wobo account with workbooks you want to use, make sure that the admin email in Wobo is the same as your Teachable admin email address.
If you’re still having issues, please contact us at anytime at email@example.com and include as much info on what you’re experiencing including the following info:
- Your Teachable admin email address
- Your Teachable domain course domain name
The Wobo app is not yet available to Teachable accounts with more than one course. We’re working with Teachable on this and expect support for accounts with multiple schools to be live very soon.
In your Teachable account, go to Settings > Apps and on the Wobo app tile you will see “Installed” badge.
In your Wobo account, go to Settings > Apps and you’ll see confirmation that you’re Wobo account is connected to Teachable.
If you already have Wobo account with workbooks you want to use with your Teachable account, please take these steps:
- If you’ve already installed the Wobo app in Teachable, go to Teachable and uninstall it.
- The admin email address in both accounts must be the same in order to connect your accounts.
- Log into Wobo and confirm that your admin email address is the same as your Teachable admin email address.
- If your Wobo admin email is different from your Teachable admin email, update it’s the same. Once you’ve confirmed the new email, log out and back into Wobo with the updated email address to confirm you’re able to login.
- If you installed the Wobo app from Teachable and you already have a Wobo account with the same admin email as your Teachable account, your existing Wobo account will be the account that’s automatically connected with your Teachable account.
- If you install the Wobo app from Teachable and you already have a Wobo account but signed up with an email address that’s different from your Teachable email address, a new Wobo account will be created as part of the app install process.
- If you have an existing Wobo account that you want to use with Teachable, follow the steps here to connect them.
Check first to make sure your Wobo workbook is set to “published” so that you can preview it within your Teachable course. You’ll know if a workbook is published if you see “Active” as the status on your dashboard.
Yes! Wobo as a 14-day(no credit card required)trial where you’ll have access to all Wobo features. You can subscribe at any point during your trial.
If you decide at the end of your Trial that Wobo isn’t right for you, you can simply uninstall Wobo from your Teachable account, you won’t be charged anything from Wobo.
See your help guide on Viewing Student Responses & Progress
To uninstall the Wobo app from Teachable, login to your Teachable account and go to Settings > Apps and click on the Wobo app. From the details page, click the “Uninstall”
How will you know if the Wobo app has been uninstalled from your Teachable account?
- Teachable app store page - no longer says “installed”
- Wobo app settings - will no longer display connected messaging.
Your workbooks and student and responses will remain in Wobo but your Teachable students will no longer be able to access Wobo via Teachable.
Any student responses will still be available via your Student Dashboard in Wobo
If you decide you want to continue using your Wobo account with Teachable, simply install the Wobo app again from your Teachable account and re-embed workbooks as you’d like them to appear.
Even if you’ve selected a specific Wobo module to appear in your course and “preview” your course, you’ll currently see the entire workbook appearing from the cover. Not to worry, this only happens in “preview” mode, your students will see the specific module you selected. (note: We are working on a way to display the specific module in the preview mode and hope to have a solution out to you soon)